Philip Brophy’s notorious slime-filled cult classic Body Melt remains one of the last great Ozploitation films. Packed with gross-out gore effects, biting black comedy, and a throbbing techno-esque score. Vinegar Syndrome has announced that they will be releasing Body Melt on Blu-ray for the first time in North America, featuring an all new 2K restoration sourced from the original 16mm negative, exclusive to this release!
"Residents of the placid suburban cul-de-sac of Pebbles Court have started receiving unexpected samples of a new and experimental vitamin, manufactured by a strange health spa named Vimuville. However, shortly after adding the mysterious green powder to their diets, users begin to experience strange and increasingly macabre visions, and worse, their bodies start to mutate, ooze, and eventually melt! As visits from the coroner to the sleepy street become a nearly daily experience, Detective Sam Phillips becomes increasingly suspicious of the goings on at Vimuville, but will he be able to uncover its diabolical motives before the whole of Australia is subjected to Body Melt?"
The Blu-ray is currently scheduled to release on September 25th.
• Newly scanned & restored in 2k from its 16mm original camera negative (exclusive to our release)
• Commentary track with writer/director/composer Philip Brophy, writer/producer Rod Bishop and producer Daniel Scharf
• Commentary track with Philip Brophy, focused on the sound design and film score
• “Melting Away: The Deconstruction of Body Melt” – 2018 featurette with Philip Brophy and Rod Bishop
• “Body Building: The Making of Body Melt” – 2018 interview with Daniel Scharf
• “Adrenal Glands” – 2018 interview with actor Neil Foley
• “Making Bodies Melt: The Making of Body Melt”
• “Behind-the-Scenes Featurette”
• Extensive behind-the-scenes stills and prop gallery
• Complete storyboard gallery
• Original theatrical trailer
• English SDH subtitles