Season two of the Prime Original series "Lore", adapted from Aaron Mahnke’s award-winning podcast of the same name, premieres Friday, October 19th and stars Josh Bowman, Doug Bradley, Thomas Kretschmann, Paula Malcomson, Maimie McCoy, Jürgen Prochnow, Emmett Scanlan, and Alicia Witt.
"Lore" explores the real-life frightening and disturbing tales that have given rise to our modern-day myths and legends. The six-episode second season will feature new tales from the podcast, as well as original stories not yet available in podcast form. The anthology series will continue to interweave rich archival and mixed media sequences to complement the narrative segments.
The following stories will be featured in season two, including two new stories not featured previously in the podcast: Prague Clock and Jack Parsons:
· Burke and Hare: In the Name of Science: Two shunned Irish immigrants in Scotland start off as grave robbers to sell the dead to doctors, but decide that creating their own inventory is much easier, and become the most prolific mass-murdering duo in history. Stars Emmet Byrne, Emmett J. Scanlan, and Doug Bradley
· Elizabeth Bathory: Mirror, Mirror: The aging Countess of Blood, running out of virginal peasants to drain of their youthful essence, brings in a bright-eyed noble to start a new cycle of torture and murder. Stars Maimie McCoy, Rosalind Eleazar, and Ella Hunt
· Hinterkaifeck: Ghosts in the Attic: In the German hinterlands, between world wars, a family goes to bed, not knowing that their killer has been living in the walls and attics of their home like a ghost, watching, waiting for his chance to strike, in one of the most famous unsolved mysteries of all time. Stars Jürgen Prochnow, Thomas Kretschmann, and Susanne Wuest
· Prague Clock: The Curse of the Orloj: As two clockmakers race against the curse of the Orloj, a curse that has already driven the city of Prague to madness and death with the Black Plague, these brothers will discover the price of trying to change history. Stars Steven Berkoff, Numan Acar, and Elie Haddad
· Mary Webster: The Witch of Hadley: A young woman, raised in a town controlled by a religious zealot, must rectify a fatal mistake before a ravenous mob hangs the Old Witch, Mary Webster, in this story set just 11 years before and 100 miles from Salem, Massachusetts. Stars Paula Malcomson, Hebe Beardsall and Paul Rhys
· Jack Parsons: The Devil and the Divine: In 1922 only one person, Jack Parsons, believed that we could send a rocket into space and conjure a demon. By 1952 he had done both. But all he cared about was the Scarlet Woman he had both summoned, and lost, Marjorie Cameron. Stars Josh Bowman and Alicia Witt
"Lore" season one is now available exclusively on Prime Video in more than 200 countries and territories. Sean Crouch (The Exorcist, Numb3rs) is taking over showrunner duties for season two.
"Lore" is executive produced by Ben Silverman (The Office), Howard T. Owens (Killing Kennedy), Gale Anne Hurd (The Walking Dead), Brett-Patrick Jenkins (Face Off), Jon Halperin and Mark Mannucci (A Year in Space). The series is produced by Propagate Content and Valhalla Entertainment. Aaron Mahnke is Co-Executive Producer.
Launched in 2015 by writer and producer Aaron Mahnke, the Lore podcast has generated a massive audience, was named "Best of" by Apple multiple times, and was listed as one of the “15 podcasts you need to hear” by Entertainment Weekly. Mahnke’s three-book Lore series, The World of Lore series, is available from Penguin Random House.
Prime members can stream season one of Lore exclusively via the Prime Video app for smart TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/lore. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series will be a global release and available on PrimeVideo.com for Prime Video members in more than 200 countries and territories.