Late last year, we had reported that Blue Underground would be restoring the Dario Argento and George A. Romero co-directed Two Evil Eyes and Lucio Fulci's The New York Ripper in 4K for upcoming limited edition Blu-ray releases, and this week, the full list of bonus features for the former have been revealed.
On top of the new 4K restoration, the release features a handful of new interviews with cast and crew, as well as a soundtrack CD and collectible booklet. Check out the full list of extras below.
"The Masters of Modern Horror bring you an unprecedented pair of shockers inspired by the tales of Edgar Allan Poe. In Romero’s The Facts In The Case Of Mr. Valdemar, a conniving wife (Adrienne Barbeau of The Fog) and her lover use a hypnotic trance to embezzle a fortune from her dying husband, only to receive some chilling surprises from beyond the grave. Then in Argento’s The Black Cat, a deranged crime scene photographer (Harvey Keitel of From Dusk Till Dawn) is driven to brutal acts of madness and murder by his girlfriend’s new pet."
You can pre-order your copy today and expect it on October 29th.
Disc 1 (Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
• NEW! Audio Commentary with Troy Howarth, Author of Murder By Design: The Unsane Cinema of Dario Argento
• Theatrical Trailer
• Poster & Still Gallery
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
• Two Masters’ Eyes – Interviews with Directors Dario Argento & George Romero, Special Make-Up Effects Supervisor Tom Savini, Executive Producer Claudio Argento, and Asia Argento
• Savini’s EFX – A Behind-the-Scenes look at the film’s Special Make-Up Effects
• At Home With Tom Savini – A personal tour of Tom Savini’s home
• Adrienne Barbeau on George Romero
• NEW! Before I Wake – Interview with Star Ramy Zada
• NEW! Behind The Wall – Interview with Star Madeleine Potter
• NEW! One Maestro And Two Masters – Interview with Composer Pino Donaggio
• NEW! Rewriting Poe – Interview with Co-Writer Franco Ferrini
• NEW! The Cat Who Wouldn’t Die – Interview with Assistant Director Luigi Cozzi
• NEW! Two Evil Brothers – Interview with Special Make-Up Assistant Everett Burrell
• NEW! Working With George – Interview with Costume Designer Barbara Anderson
Disc 3 (CD):
• TWO EVIL EYES Original Motion Picture Soundtrack by Pino Donaggio
BONUS! Collectible Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold
• WORLD PREMIERE! New 4K Restoration from the uncensored original camera negative
• Original Motion Picture Soundtrack on CD for the first time ever!
• Exclusive Limited Collector’s Edition includes 2 Blu-rays, Soundtrack CD, collectible booklet, reversible sleeve, and lenticular slipcover (First Pressing Only)