You may remember that Arrow Video released the 1988 film Elvira: Mistress of the Dark on Blu-ray late last year, and for those of us in the US, it was a sad bit of news to find out that it was a UK-only release. We'll that's about to change as Arrow Video has teased over on Facebook that the loaded Blu-ray will soon make its way stateside!
"We are pleased to confirm that ELVIRA: MISTRESS OF THE DARK is heading to the US from us later this year – stay tuned for updates," Arrow announced.
In Elvira: Mistress of the Dark: "When her great aunt dies, famous horror hostess Elvira heads for the uptight New England town Falwell to claim her inheritance of a haunted house, a witch’s cookbook and a punk rock poodle. But once the stuffy locals get an eyeful of the scream queen’s ample assets, all hell busts out and breaks loose. Can the Madonna of the Macabre find love with a studly cinema owner, avoid her creepy great uncle, titillate the town’s teens and become a Las Vegas dance sensation all without being burned alive at the stake?"
If the special features end up mirroring the UK Blu-ray's, and they most likely will, I've included them below.
UK BLU-RAY SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original interpositive
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 audio
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Introduction to the film by director James Signorelli
• 2017 audio commentary with director James Signorelli, hosted by Fangoria Editor Emeritus Tony Timpone
• 2017 audio commentary with Elvira Webmaster and judge of US TV show The Search for the Next Elvira Patterson Lundquist
• Archival audio commentary with actors Cassandra Peterson, Edie McClurg and writer John Paragon
• Too Macabre - The Making of Elvira: Mistress of the Dark - newly-revised 2018 version of this feature-length documentary on the making of the film including interviews with various cast and crew and rare never-before-seen archival material
• Recipe for Terror: The Creation of the Pot Monster - newly-revised 2018 version of this featurette on the concept and design of the pot monster, as well as the other SFX of the movie
• Original Storyboards
• Original US Theatrical and Teaser Trailers
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck
Of course, if you can't wait for the US Blu-ray, you can order the UK version today. Just make sure you have a Region Free player!